Best 10 Questions To Ask In Your Next Job Interview
You probably have already heard from many people how important is to be ready when the interviewer asks you, “Do you have any questions for me?”.
Yes, I agree that is important for many different reasons. It demonstrates interest in the position and company and shows that you have been doing your due diligence.
It can also be a great opportunity to differentiate yourself from the “competition” as well as to highlight some points about you that you didn’t have time to talk about during the rest of the job interview.
But if you don’t ask the right questions, it may be your final round (not in a good way). Making “empty” questions that you could have read online or the typical questions every other candidate made can shift a great interview into a disaster.
You should be prepared with at least 2-3 questions to asks your interviewer. We have put together a list of the best questions to make to an interviewer. Add your personal twist and you will be ready to end your next job interview in a very high note!
- What is considered a successful person in this position?
- What are the key personal characteristics you think a person needs to have to be a great cultural fit at your company?
- What would be the one thing you would change in your job if you could?
- What do you think are the biggest opportunities the company can profit from in the near future?
- What do you think are the biggest challenges the company will face in the near future?
- How is the department/company structured?
- What is the usual career path for someone in this role?
- What career development opportunities you offer to employees?
- Why did the last person leave this position?
- What would be the next steps in the interview process?
Ideally, you should be able to tie some of your experience or qualities to their answers. For example for the opportunities question, if they tell you that they are launching this new product that will bring the company to the next level, you could tie it back to your past experience in product launching (highlighting again the value you can add to the company).
What’s next for you?
We always say the same. Preparation and rehearsal. Those are the key elements to ace your next job interview.
If you want to maximize your chances to getting the job, at FasterSkills you can find top recruiters and experienced professionals with 10+ years of experience in companies from startups to Fortune 100 firms. They have been on both sides of the interview table so they not only know how it feels but also they can help you get to the next level, stand out and thus land your dream job.
Given their success and the demand for Top Coaches, FasterSkills created a new service called Limitless Coaching that allows you to get access to expensive Top Coaches that only wealthy executives could afford, so you can get the best advice at affordable price (100% money back guarantee).
In conclusion, however you decide to prepare for your interview. Practice. Practice. Practice. If you don't know where to start you can always ask for a free consultation.
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra